The mountain of Prussia
Nature educational trail "Węgierska Górka-Romanka"
Bus stop 9: Prusai
The Prussian ridge is leveled and approx 1 km with a slightly marked culmination (1010 m n.p. m).
This is one of the highest places, where high-altitude land was cultivated on such a large scale. The current fields have been abandoned. Now the plots are covered with meadows. The boundaries between the plots are still legible. There are no typical stone embankments on the borders of the half. However, the stone mounds are characteristic, making up the entire "archipelago” hills high to 1,5 meter and long on 35 meters. Almost all of them are overgrown with blueberries.
Almost the entire clearing is occupied by poorer forms of mud meadows with a large share of red fescue and dog grass nymphs.. On the top of Prasowy Wierch, rare juniper thickets with Norway spruce have developed.
After the former arable crops, there are bushes, furrows and piles of stones overgrown by the blueberry, raspberries and blackberries.
Overgrown stones are inhabited by lizards, snakes, small field rodents and weasels
The clearing is devoid of buildings, is visited by forest animals, mainly deer, wild boars and foxes. On the other hand, in the sky you can see the silhouettes of buzzards and kestrels, for whom clearings of this nature are an excellent hunting ground.
It is a good vantage point on Romanka and Lipowska, between which the Pilska dome is visible in the background. On the left you can see the Żywiecka Basin, the Soła valley, and in the background the panorama of the Little Beskids. On the west side there is a panorama of the Silesian Beskids. To the south you can see Velka Raca. A badge, as well as Muńcoł partially hidden behind Suchą Daughter. The Żabnica valley is visible directly from the north-eastern side.
PRUSÓW (1010 m) - a magnificent culmination in the western part of the Beskid Żywiecki, forming an independent massif between the lower reaches of Żabnica * (from the north), Milowski Stream * (since noon) and salt * (from the west). Its broad spine, although having a considerable relative height, narrows to the southeast, where it lowers in the area of Hala Boracza * and then joins the Lipowska massif *. The southern slopes are the steepest - partly forested, and the buildings of the Prusów estate, belonging to Milówka *, approach the vast clearings, Juraszak and Milówki. The tip of Prussia is clearly flattened, elongated to the east and without forests. Formerly it was covered with arable fields, which at this height is rare. Nowadays the fields have been abandoned and they are covered with meadows. There are no embankments on the field boundaries typical of the neighboring areas. On the other hand, the stone mounds reaching even heights are characteristic 1,5 m. Currently, they are mostly covered with blueberries. There are also distinct bushes and furrows after the former arable fields. The secondary hall has the character of the so-called. a burnt meadow with a large share of the nymphal grass passing in the so-called. dog grass. There are also quite a lot of clumps of junipers. The origin of the name is unknown. Route 1N.